Encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encryption

Is anyone using an encryption software to protect clients data? If so, which software do you use?

Thanks in advance for sharing your info.
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

ShareFile

I use ShareFile by Citrix. Even though I can password protect copies of tax returns coming out of my File Cabinet Solution software, it is not considered to be a safe way to send sensitive information. I have ShareFile and GoToMyPC on 2 computers at my office and pay $300/qtr.

With the ShareFile, I can also send a link to a client so they can scan and send me documents securely, send me backups of QB files, etc.
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

CCH's FileShare is free with my SiteBuilder website. I'm getting more and more clients to use it. They can upload to me. I can post their returns and signature pages for them. Email communications go out automatically (or I can customize overall &/or edit on a case-by-case basis) to alert us that something's been uploaded/downloaded. Very handy. And, hosted by the same CCH that transmits the tax returns, so it's as good as anything these days.

Comment

Thanks for your input Matt & Lion
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
        X