ProSeries 2015 dirvers license info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proseries update

The federal is not requiring this information. They do have it in the program.

We are looking at if we should request it and if we should enter it in. Trying to weigh if at some point they will require it will we be better off to enter in those who bring it in now and then we will have fewer to enter when the time comes.

Dusty

Comment

Latest from PS...

Here's the latest from ProSeries on the subject of requiring Driver Licenses.

you may have to paste into your web browser. The only question I have is. I they can't keep SS# secure how are they going
      to keep Driver Licenses Secure?
      Last edited by August @ ADG Financial; 12-07-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

The ID theft problem can be greatly reduced by one simple change. No direct deposit refund and no refunds on debit cards. See, wasn't that easy?
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
          The ID theft problem can be greatly reduced by one simple change. No direct deposit refund and no refunds on debit cards. See, wasn't that easy?
          Too easy. But your right.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
            I agree. Not all id theft of course, some still deal in checks but the fact a debit card doesn't require verifying ID at a check cashing place or similar makes it much easier.

One problem is banks / credit unions that share RTN information between regular bank accounts and prepaid debit cards. The IRS could refuse to issue any refunds to those RTNs but then it isn't limited to debit cards. It also requires someone maintain a list of all RTN that are used for debit cards. Perhaps there should be a debit card indicator with RTN/DAN info. I've got no idea who could make that happen.

Comment

Working...
            X