Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance for employees... What do you offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance for employees... What do you offer?

Im in the process of hiring my first employee. All of the other accounting and/or CPA firms are offering insurance to their employees. To be competitive, I need to do the same. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

insurance is very expensive, but I agree that offering such may make you competitive. We pay the first $250/month on a group plan and pay outright the cost of $15,000 term life insurance (cost varies by age). We also have a FSA which costs you nothing (because of a reduction in payroll taxes) and a Simple salary deferment plan. We also pay for professional organization membership costs, licensing and CPE. It take all of this in our market!

Good luck

Comment

Health Insurance for Employees

1. Limit the dollar amount. $200, $250, $100, whatever, per month. Insurance keeps rising.

2. Do it as part of a cafeteria plan. As part of their compensation package.

3. Only for employees. Dependents and spouses, they have to pay.

4. Set the deductible high, $1,000, $1,500, whatever. Also, no co-pay keeps the premiums down. Both of these keep the employee from running to the doctor for colds, sniffles, aches & pains, that we all have to put up with.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
      X