Need help with Indiana return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Indiana return

Does Indiana have a injured spouse form. The spouse has a Indiana refund only. her husband has an old child support charge against him. Wife was not married to husband when this happened. I don/t think a federal injured spouse would help. Any help???????

Originally posted by arlo View Post
    Does Indiana have a injured spouse form. The spouse has a Indiana refund only. her husband has an old child support charge against him. Wife was not married to husband when this happened. I don/t think a federal injured spouse would help. Any help???????
    I've never had to fill one out, but it's IN-40SP.

Comment

Indiana help

Thanks Kathy

Comment

Injured

That form is only for innocent spouses. I don't believe that Indiana has an injured spouse procedure. They are just out of luck.

Comment

But I found this on in.gov

What happens if I filed a joint State Income Tax return with my current spouse?
          The non-custodial parent's current spouse may be eligible to receive a portion of the refund by sending a written request to:

Indiana Centralized Enforcement Unit
          402 W Washington ST, MS 11,
          Indianapolis, IN 46204

Include a copy of the State Income Tax Offset notice that was sent to the non-custodial parent, and the Non-custodial parent's name, social security number, the current spouse's name and social security number, phone number, and current address. The request should be signed by the current spouse. The Indiana Department of Revenue is responsible for making the decision about the current spouse's portion.

Comment

And this

See pages 8 & 9

Gee, I learn something new every day

Comment

One More question for you indiana preparers.

Illinois does no tax IRA distributions. Does Indiana tax these distributions. It seems they do but want to make sure before I file the return. Thank ahead of time.

Comment

Illinois does no tax IRA distributions. Does Indiana tax these distributions. It seems they do but want to make sure before I file the return. Thank ahead of time.
                IRA distributions are taxable, SS benefits are not.

Comment

Need help with indiana return

Thanks again Kathy for the information. Now I know why Illinois is so bad off financially. But I think that is going to change.

Comment

Thanks again Kathy for the information. Now I know why Illinois is so bad off financially. But I think that is going to change.
                    I think IL makes up for it in real estate tax. Unbelievable what I see my IL clients paying. Yowzers!

Comment

Working...
                    X