Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO SERIES users "Tax Import Financial Institution Download".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO SERIES users "Tax Import Financial Institution Download".

Have any of you used the "Tax Import Financial Institution Download" feature? Its the feature that is supposed to import 1099-R, 1099 consolidated statements etc .directly from the Financial Institution. Its supposed to be compatible with approx. 200 firms I tried it for the first time yesterday with a new client who used this feature when he prepared his tax return using TurboTax and he says it works good. I am now on my 20th hour waiting for the import. Only good thing I have seen so far is I can still work within Pro Series while it continues to process.

Systems support

You should call Pro Series "Systems support". It should not take that long.

Also did you see if the column "Direct 1099 Import" in the EF Center sent an acknowledgement ?

As you may know that you still have to compare the 1099 to the imported data
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

No confirm as of yet

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
      You should call Pro Series "Systems support". It should not take that long.

Also did you see if the column "Direct 1099 Import" in the EF Center sent an acknowledgement ?

As you may know that you still have to compare the 1099 to the imported data
      My 1099 column as of now (23 hours later) still has the hours glass. About 2 hours after I put it the request, my client emailed me and told me he did what he was suppose to on his end and then about an hour later he had this message: "unable to download transactions from your financial institution". I called Tech Support 3 times yesterday during the day and they told me it was normal for my client to get that message. This morning tech support told me that message my client received yesterday meant I need to cancel and try again. Pro Series support has went downhill so much over the years. I really need to look at another software this summer.

Comment

Frustration & good luck

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
        My 1099 column as of now (23 hours later) still has the hours glass. About 2 hours after I put it the request, my client emailed me and told me he did what he was suppose to on his end and then about an hour later he had this message: "unable to download transactions from your financial institution". I called Tech Support 3 times yesterday during the day and they told me it was normal for my client to get that message. This morning tech support told me that message my client received yesterday meant I need to cancel and try again. Pro Series support has went downhill so much over the years. I really need to look at another software this summer.
        Yes, in the past I might have encountered that problem once. You might want to tell the Tech Support rep that you want to escalate it to the next "tier level" in Support if you are getting a "generic" answer. It can be frustrating but I think most of the Intuit Tech Support are knowledgeable and helpful. Sometimes the machines have issues. Similar to when you call the doctor's office or insurance company, etc. and they tell you "the computers are slow right now.

In the case you mentioned, sounds like a manual input would have been faster. Good Luck

Comment

TAXNJ, how accurate is the data once imported?

TAXNJ, how accurate is the data once imported? 50% 75% or 100% and did it import into the correct lines?

Comment

Caution as always

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
            TAXNJ, how accurate is the data once imported? 50% 75% or 100% and did it import into the correct lines?
            Difficult to measure for you but my experience 95-98%. When Intuit first rolled it out a number years ago there were issues.

Had one or two lines import as 1099-DIV when it should have been 1099-INT and some 1099-B transactions had to be corrected. But others had no problems. But as you know during your proof review you will be able to measure your "import" vs "manual" decision.

Comment

Mytaxman2@gmail.com

Originally posted by az-tax View Post
              taxnj, how accurate is the data once imported? 50% 75% or 100% and did it import into the correct lines?
              i find it 100 % accurate using pro series.

Comment

Been using ProSeries for years, well started with "CPAID Software" back when laser printers were $4000 Then "Best" bought them out then, Intuit bought them out...
                Anyway I have never used that feature. Seems like a pain in the rump. Just like the new "E Signature" thing.

Comment

Working...
                X