NT / Simplied Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Simplied Return

"Hello, Rita, this is 85 year-old Taxpayer, I was wondering how much you charge for a simplified return?"

(Discuss, discuss, blah, blah.)

"Well, my return is very simplified, but let me tell you: I screwed it up royally for two years in a row, and my husband says you are doing it from now on or he's trading me in."

Best call ever. Crying.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Whenever a client comes in and says, " it will be simple this year ", I always tell them, "famous last words". I have never seen a simple return except for a single person with one W-2 of $50,000.

How about a Dependents return with 8 W-2s totaling $4,500 age 19 and not in college. What a shock to the parents. So much for simple................... Glad the parents return wasn't done first.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

You got that right

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
      Whenever a client comes in and says, " it will be simple this year ", I always tell them, "famous last words". I have never seen a simple return except for a single person with one W-2 of $50,000.

How about a Dependents return with 8 W-2s totaling $4,500 age 19 and not in college. What a shock to the parents. So much for simple................... Glad the parents return wasn't done first.
      You are so right. Every time they say "simple" I add $20 to the bill on principle.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

You got that right. And when they says "It's so simple I could do it myself", I get suspicioius that they're hiding a time bomb somewhere in their reporting and they just want to have me to blame if it blows up in their face.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
        X