Proprietor to Partnership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proprietor to Partnership

I have a business that has an LLC (1065) and a schedule C business. I will have to talk to the TP, but it seems those businesses are very close, and I'm thinking maybe they don't need two checking accounts, etc. IF they move the assets into the partnership, they move over as investments from the partner at FMV today, but are depreciated as have all along book value, right? In that scenario, how would those be on the balance sheet, at book value so property tax and all matches I'm assuming. Just FMV on the partner's basis etc.. Am I thinking right?

I think the TP will want to combine these. Is above how I would handle the assets?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      I have a business that has an LLC (1065) and a schedule C business. I will have to talk to the TP, but it seems those businesses are very close, and I'm thinking maybe they don't need two checking accounts, etc. IF they move the assets into the partnership, they move over as investments from the partner at FMV today, but are depreciated as have all along book value, right? In that scenario, how would those be on the balance sheet, at book value so property tax and all matches I'm assuming. Just FMV on the partner's basis etc.. Am I thinking right?
      upon further research, I'm a finding that those assets must be titled to the LLC to be depreciable. So I guess that wouldn't work. Opinions?

Comment

Working...
      X