Speaking of Obamacare Exemption Certificate Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Obamacare Exemption Certificate Numbers

What moron came up with the "numbering" scheme? There's no pattern of alpha vs numeric that would help you get it right and especially distinguish between a "1" and an "I" or a "0" or an "O".

I'll bet that a computer is going to spit out a bunch of mismatches though.

...... if I'm the moron feel free to lay into me, I can take it.

Originally posted by LCP View Post
    What moron came up with the "numbering" scheme? There's no pattern of alpha vs numeric that would help you get it right and especially distinguish between a "1" and an "I" or a "0" or an "O".

Ok, call me dumb, but what is an exemption certificate?

Comment

There's a list of exemptions for those who don't have minimum essential coverage. Some can be entered directly on the 8965 without any documentation, while others have to be granted through the marketplace by obtaining an exemption certificate.

Comment

Oh, that's good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by LCP View Post

Legit point. Probably more of a committee than a single person who came up with it. Just one of the many bugs in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob McCoy View Post
            There's a list of exemptions for those who don't have minimum essential coverage. Some can be entered directly on the 8965 without any documentation, while others have to be granted through the marketplace by obtaining an exemption certificate.
            Yep....... we do a lot of returns from the Amish up here. Great people by the way !

Comment

Working...
            X