Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer

Have client who is a professor and wants to purchase a new computer for his campus
    office. He wants to know if this will be deductible. What could he do to ensure that
    he will be able to take a deduction for this purchase.

Computer

I would think this would be okay. He has to take work home. Course development and other things that can't be done at
    school. Plus many college have on-line courses the he would have to review. Plus work from students that have to be grades. Works for me.

Comment

Form 2106

If it qualifies, it probably have to be on form 2106, Unreimbursed Employee related Expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by August @ ADG Financial View Post
        I would think this would be okay. He has to take work home. Course development and other things that can't be done at
        school. Plus many college have on-line courses the he would have to review. Plus work from students that have to be grades. Works for me.
        OP said , to be used in campus office, not at home.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          If it qualifies, it probably have to be on form 2106, Unreimbursed Employee related Expenses.
          Sounds right to me. I thought now days that college professors already had all that stuff supplied to them. Maybe things are tighter than I thought across college campuses.

Comment

Working...
          X