New Email Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Email Provider

I know this is not a tax question, but figured I would get some good feedback here. Could anyone give me a name of a good email provider? I have charter.net and right now they have gigantic problems. From what I gather some customers all over the country have no TV, telephone, or email. Luckily I only have been without email for a few days, but it is driving me up a wall. They changed everything a few months ago and it's been going downhill quickly. So I am going to change my email, but don't know a good provider. Thanks for any info.

Charter/isp issues

1. Is your issue really with Charter as an internet provider? That is, can you get to the internet through your Charter cable internet connection? If not, then the 'problem' lies with Charter as the internet service provider (ISP)
    2. If you have internet access but your e-mail is being delayed or is not available, then you may want to consider using a gmail (r) HOtmail(r) or Yahoo! or something like that account. Keep in mind you will still need internet access.
    2a. IF you have internet access, maybe through a smart phone, you may find your e-mail on Charter's web portal.
    3. During "tax season" I have a rule set up with my ISP that automatically sends a copy of all emails to my office account to a gmail account as a back up. (delete that rule the end of April).
    4. Sorry to read about the Charter problems.
    Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Good Info

I do have internet and that is working fine with Charter. Apparently others are having problems with the Charter internet. I only have a problem with their email (right now!). I think I will do as you suggest....have my email also forwarded to another account just in case of problems like this. I just checked and it is still out. I did call them and they did say it was them and they are trying to correct the problem. It has to be a pretty significant problem if customers in a lot of states are having the problems too. I have a feeling it will take some time before getting corrected. Oh well, I will be working on another email. Thanks for your info!

Comment

Hushmail - Encrypted Email & Secure Web Forms. Our healthcare plans come configured for HIPAA compliance right out of the box.
        Last edited by commonstalk; 03-07-2015, 03:57 PM. Reason: to provide a link

Comment

Any Good?

I never heard of them, but doesn't mean anything. Has anyone used it for email?

Comment

Have you considered setting up your own domain. You can park a domain at a hosting provider. I've seen costs as low as 4.99 a month with tons of space. You could then have an email such as ruthc@ruthc.com

Comment

My ISP is Optimum. My email is via CCH's SiteBuilder that provides my web site and domain, so my email is RitaLewis@DollarsSense.com and web site is DollarsSense.com. I am very happy with the service I get from both Optimum and SiteBuilder.

Comment

Originally posted by CVTax View Post
                Have you considered setting up your own domain. You can park a domain at a hosting provider. I've seen costs as low as 4.99 a month with tons of space. You could then have an email such as ruthc@ruthc.com
                I will definitely consider that. Thanks

Comment

Viable option

Contact Hillary ? ?

Comment

Working...
                  X