Dunphy Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunphy Software

I don't know if many of you are aware but Dunphy Tax Systems sold out to Creative Solutions. I have been a Dunphy User for over 15years and now must make the tedious task of buying new software and converting my client base over. We have been offered a
    deal with Creative Solutions. I am just looking at other Tax Preparer's opinions.
    Thanks in advance

Buckle Up Eagle Man

...you're going for a ride!! I hope no one thought CS bought Dunphy with the purpose of providing low-cost software for Dunphy users.

In fact, you were bought out by perhaps the Cadillac of all tax software. Consider your volume and whether you can support the purchase of Creative Solutions. If they offered you a special deal, you might consider it. I doubt the "deal" is good for more than one year, because Creative Solutions doesn't want you to have sticker shock. Their strategy is to spoil you rotten on their software then jolt you just when you were thinking you love Creative Solutions after all.

In their defense, I am told that their product matches their price -- i.e. excellent. Particularly if you do CPA-type write up work.

Comment

Switching software

I don't know anything about Dunphy, but two or three times I've been with software vendors that have been bought out by larger companies and Snag is right about their methods.

Usually you won't have many/any complaints about the quality of the new program because they're mostly good products or they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have. Also they "soften the blow" of the switch by assisting you as much as possible in the transition stage and they sweeten the deal by offering half-price or a very substantial discount for a couple of years. They don't want to "run you off" by hitting you smack between the eyes with a 100% price increase, so they twist the knife gradually until you're solidly into that software--after that, it's much easier to keep us--you know how we all hate to switch any kind of software.

My last experience was with Tasc Force (TASCO-Oklahoma City) who was bought out by Lacerte. I was paying $1,000 for TF--a couple of years later I was paying Lacerte $2,000.

Comment

We were using payroll software purchased by Creative Solutions. They replaced it with a special deal about a year later with their idea of payroll software. I can only tell you I don't have their software anymore and I want nothing to do with them as a company ever again.
        Last edited by veritas; 06-13-2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

You will............

.... probably pay the same price for the next three years that you were paying Dunphy. At least that was my offer from CS when they bought out Microvision. The Conversion was seamless and I am very happy with CS.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
          X