Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit get extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit get extended?

I have a client that had a new Variable speed multi-split heat pump installed. She has the Manufacturers Certificate etc. However, on the Certificate it says "This combination qualifies for a Federal Energy Efficiency Tax credit when placed in Service between Feb 17 and Dec 31, 2013. I was wondering if it did get extended and these manufacturers Just like us, didn't find out until mid December (if it did get extended).

I don't think so . . .

Wind, Solar, and geothermal are still available through 2016. I don't think things like windows, insulation, heat pumps, etc were extended.

**** I looked at the form. I am incorrect, it does appear windows, etc are on the form again. Agreed that there are limitations.
    I didn't think they were extended, but I was incorrect.
    Last edited by tpnl; 02-25-2015, 03:31 PM. Reason: incorrect statement

Comment

Yes, that credit did get extended, at least through the year 2014. See form 5695. Remember, the cumulative credit limit for that category is $500 for all qualifying property acquired after 2005.
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

energystar.gov is an excellent source for what qualifies, such as efficiency ratings needed.

Comment

Yes it did and it's noted on TTB 11-14. But does anyone know if energy-efficient (star-rated) appliances and those new LED light fixtures are on the list of approved items?

Comment

Does energy star items automatically qualify and/or will these items have the manufacturer's certification, too. Previously, I had understood that not all energy star windows and doors qualified, but reading in ttb, it says "meets or exceeds", does that mean a mfg cert wouldn't be needed? Some clients seem to think just because they replaced drafty windows and doors, they should get a credit. That's what someone told them, anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X