Marketplace Subsidy Misinformation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketplace Subsidy Misinformation?

Just heard that notice was given that anyone receiving subsidies through the Marketplace should defer filing their tax returns for 2014 due to misinformation given to those persons. Really?

I have a marketplace that also we received the PTC and it was filed and accepted efile irs 01/21/15. No refund yet

Ron

Comment

My one and only self employed guy with PTC is coming in next week, clutching his 1095A form. Can't wait

Comment

Post from NAEA facebook page...

Comment

The error seems to be that some were reporting incorrect SLCSP. The link will let you see if the 1095A you are working with is one in error.

Comment

I saw this article.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
              The error seems to be that some were reporting incorrect SLCSP. The link will let you see if the 1095A you are working with is one in error.

https://www.healthcare.gov/taxes/tools/silver/
              If the 1095-A they sent out is wrong, how do you know that tool on healthcare.gov is correct? Isn't that where they got the info for the 1095-A?

I'm telling all my clients with 1095-As that they have to wait until the end of March. I'm not wasting my time doing the governments job by researching whether the 1095-A is correct. I'll just wait until the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
                If the 1095-A they sent out is wrong, how do you know that tool on healthcare.gov is correct? Isn't that where they got the info for the 1095-A?

I'm telling all my clients with 1095-As that they have to wait until the end of March. I'm not wasting my time doing the governments job by researching whether the 1095-A is correct. I'll just wait until the dust settles.

The error was that the SLCSP reported on some 1095-As was the 2015 amount. The tool from the marketplace shows the 2014 amount. I checked for Delaware and got the same answers from the Marketplace and from the HHS.gov site.
                Any taxpayers that want to check whether their 1095-A was one of the affected ones can log in to their marketplace account and click on the 2014 application to open it. From there, click on the "Tax Forms" link that is the lower-most choice at the left. A statement will appear in a big red box if the applicant's 1095-A is wrong.
                jklcpa

Comment

Working...
                X