Grand Rapids City Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Rapids City Return

Anyone in Michigan familiar with a Grand Rapids city return? Had a customer today who moved to Kentucky at the end of 2014 so for most of the year was a Michigan resident. She stated when she filed last year in Michigan they did a return for Grand Rapids and she got a refund. I'm not familiar with this so any help would be appreciated.

you can start here

Tax rate depends on whether a city resident, no matter where worked, or a non-resident with income derived from sources within the city of Grand Rapids (wages, SE income, sale of property, etc.). I've never done a Grand Rapids city return, but have very infrequently done other MI cities.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
      Anyone in Michigan familiar with a Grand Rapids city return? Had a customer today who moved to Kentucky at the end of 2014 so for most of the year was a Michigan resident. She stated when she filed last year in Michigan they did a return for Grand Rapids and she got a refund. I'm not familiar with this so any help would be appreciated.
      Michigander tax preparer here. I do many Grand Rapids returns. bgiez is correct on depends on if was a resident of the city. Can find out thru www.accesskent.com...online services...Property Search. fill in address fields. The street name has to be exact in access kent records so you may have to try a few time to find. Leave City/Township/Village blank. this is the info you want to find out. Grand Rapids used to have a street directory book but the city's website now links to accesskent.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X