Notice 2015-17 Relief from ACA penalties and 2% shareholder relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice 2015-17 Relief from ACA penalties and 2% shareholder relief

Yeah...at least some relief for 2014...and 2015. I guess better late than never? I have some W-2's to amend...

You've got to hand it to the IRS. It may improperly target political groups, inexplicably lose critical email evidence, abusively attempt to govern tax preparers in an overreaching manner, and callously refuse to answer the phone when we are in desperate need of assistance, but when the tax industry is struggling with complicated [...]

Carolyn
    Last edited by equinecpa; 02-21-2015, 01:47 PM.

This is welcome news.....Just trying to figure out what to do for those clients who quit reimbursing middle of the calendar year due to the rules as we knew them.

Comment

What do we do with ones that had these amounts stuck in w-2 subject to all taxes to avoid the DOL rules. They were also included in 941 etc. At least from the ones I have seen so far.

Comment

Well good to read they finally published a Notice on it.

From my understanding though, the employer would have to reimburse all the employees for their health insurance not just the shareholder. For example, 5 employees, 1 is a shareholder who is the only one being reimbursed for health insurance. This is still not allowed, correct?

Comment

GeekGirl - that is allowed now. The employee shareholder CAN discriminate through 6/30/15 (and maybe 12/31/15).

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
            What do we do with ones that had these amounts stuck in w-2 subject to all taxes to avoid the DOL rules. They were also included in 941 etc. At least from the ones I have seen so far.
            time to amend I think

Comment

Originally posted by TXEA View Post
              GeekGirl - that is allowed now. The employee shareholder CAN discriminate through 6/30/15 (and maybe 12/31/15).
              Thank you... I will have to re read again as I definitely did not understand that part of it... being sick can do that.

Well, thankfully I will only have two I will have to amend which isn't bad.

Comment

Working...
              X