Form 9365 Obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 9365 Obsolete?

This year Drake is not producing Form 9365 which in prior years was disclosure information for taxpayers who electronically file.

I always considered Form 9365 overkill. Has it become obsolete?

I have edited this post to emphasize that the form is 9325 and not 9365. Sorry.
    Last edited by Corduroy Frog; 02-02-2015, 07:41 AM.

Do you mean 9325?

Comment

A lot of response to a relatively simple question.

First of all, the Form is not obsolete. It is as optional in its use as ever.

Secondly, Form 9325 is produced by Drake in two very different ways:
      • It creates a version within the software (which includes the totally useless, obsolete, and misleading DCN number that they create automatically typed into it) onto which you must hand write the Submission ID if you want to provide complete information.
      • It creates a more appropriately completed version on their OnlineEF Database which can be downloaded and printed (which omits the totally useless, obsolete, and misleading DCN number that they create, but includes the Sumission ID that is expected to be on the document).

You may think this form is overkill, but I find it a simple way to comply with IRS requirements:
      At the request of the taxpayer, the ERO must, provide the Submission ID and the date the IRS accepted the electronic individual income tax return data. The ERO may use Form 9325, Acknowledgment and General Information for Taxpayers Who File Returns Electronically for this purpose. If requested, the ERO must also supply the electronic postmark if the Transmitter provided one for the return.
      As indicated above, this information is only required if requested and you may provide this information any way you want; not necessarily on Form 9325 (I assume you could probably write it on a used paper napkin and throw it at the client). I have a single client that has a standing request for this information. I send him Form 9325. I have no idea what he uses it for.
      Doug

Comment

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
        Do you mean 9325?
        I did not notice that. I assumed that was what he referred to. I have never seen a 9365 disclosure information for taxpayers who electronically file (inside of Drake or elsewhere).
        Doug

Comment

Working...
        X