Form 3115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
    If you aren't changing anything, why are you filing a 3115?

According to what I have read, to accept the new regulations requires the filing of form 3115 because it is considered a change in accounting method. A taxpayer seeking to change to a method of accounting permitted in the final regulations must secure the IRS’s consent before implementing that new method

Comment

Originally posted by TaxprepP View Post
      Do you have a lot of clients that should have forem 3115?
      yes, too many for me to worry about the mailing.....The client can take some responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxprepP View Post
        For Part IV line 25 I I could use a little aid in some verbage best to use. I have many clients that have followed the temporary regualtions and is consistant with the final regualtions, no adjsutment. How best to expalin methodology to determin no 481(a) adjsutment?
        If there is not 481a adjustment, then there is no need for an explanation. How do explain the calculation of nothing unless you have both positive and negative adjustments that net to -0-.?

I know inserting a statement that there is no 481a adjustment makes us feel better, but it is really not necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X