NT - MS Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT - MS Office

I am going to be forced to get a newer version of MS Office, since mine does not work with some of the newer formats.

Does anyone know of any good deals on this item?

Thanks.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Google "Microsoft Office 365"

Comment

Software

You can still buy MS Office 2007 at decent prices:

This site is totally legitimate and fully licensed by Microsoft. However, you need to understand that what you are buying is a download for installation. They are not going to send you a disk. They will send you a link to download the installation file.

And you can't just click the on the file to run the installation. You either have to burn it to a disk as an ISO file, or to a USB drive that can be used to install the program.

This isn't that hard to do. But it's a little extra work.

BMK
      Burton M. Koss
      koss@usakoss.net

Comment

My son got tired of using Openoffice which will work with most Word and Excel files but there are limitations. He tried to buy it from that site but as Koss said it is a download of an ISO file that you have to burn a CD etc. and no manuals.

Then he looked up EBay and got the actual CD and manuals for a price lower than the download site. Obviously it was a waiting game with the bids!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Thanks everyone for the ideas. As for Office365, as I understand it, this is a cloud based program. I want things here and avoid the cloud based programs. I appreciate the idea though.

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Not exactly cloud-based

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
            Thanks everyone for the ideas. As for Office365, as I understand it, this is a cloud based program. I want things here and avoid the cloud based programs. I appreciate the idea though.
            LT
            Office365 is a software licensing model in which you pay monthly or annually. Among other things, you are assured of always having the latest version. You never have to buy an upgrade or a new edition, because in a very real sense, you are always leasing the most recent version.

I have not actually used Office365. But my understanding is that the license allows local installation of the program on one or more PCs, and that the use of the program does not require a continuous internet connection. I'm sure it has to connect periodically, maybe once a month, to confirm that the license is still valid. But the program is in fact locally installed.

BMK
            Burton M. Koss
            koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Originally posted by Koss View Post
              Office365 is a software licensing model in which you pay monthly or annually. Among other things, you are assured of always having the latest version. You never have to buy an upgrade or a new edition, because in a very real sense, you are always leasing the most recent version.

I have not actually used Office365. But my understanding is that the license allows local installation of the program on one or more PCs, and that the use of the program does not require a continuous internet connection. I'm sure it has to connect periodically, maybe once a month, to confirm that the license is still valid. But the program is in fact locally installed.

BMK
              My son told me about another "free" Office Suite compatible with MS Office. It is called LibreOffice.

Here is a comparison:

Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Office365 is not cloud based. It is installed on my hard drive. There is no need for an internet connection unless you need updates.

Comment

Working...
                X