First ACA Client Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ACA Client Problems

Today I had my first client with complicated issues for meeting the ACA filing Requirements.
    Issues
    Divorced during year
    Coverage dropped from spouses policy
    Dependent covered all year
    Did not go to the exchange and get insurance for the rest of the year
    Has not filed for exemption
    Doesn't have a clue that this was coming up this year…HER response to my questioner: OH THAT STUFF IS FOR THIS YEAR…Ha

So it was fun when she filled out my questioner for healthcare. I also told her that the $25 1040ez in the past would be closer to $100 by the time I do all the forms and worksheets.
    Well this was a learning experience on the reaction of the client, the challenge of educating the client and then the bad news of the jump in cost.
    This is going to be a rough season…..

Mark

Originally posted by ACCURATETAX View Post
    Today I had my first client with complicated issues for meeting the ACA filing Requirements.
    Issues
    Divorced during year
    Coverage dropped from spouses policy
    Dependent covered all year
    Did not go to the exchange and get insurance for the rest of the year
    Has not filed for exemption
    Doesn't have a clue that this was coming up this year…HER response to my questioner: OH THAT STUFF IS FOR THIS YEAR…Ha

So it was fun when she filled out my questioner for healthcare. I also told her that the $25 1040ez in the past would be closer to $100 by the time I do all the forms and worksheets.
    Well this was a learning experience on the reaction of the client, the challenge of educating the client and then the bad news of the jump in cost.
    This is going to be a rough season…..

Mark
    How about code 14 exemption

14 You experienced another hardship in obtaining health insurance. Can she figure out all the hardship as a result of her untimely divorce and cancellation of insurance!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I sent her the application for all 14 hardships with instructions to see if she could find something and it had the complete instructions on how to file it with Exchange.
      Hope that works.

Comment

I wonder what the chain prep stores are charging for a taxpayer in this situation?
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
        X