TTB Health Care Reform Overview page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTB Health Care Reform Overview page

TTB's Tools for Tax Pros has an information page called Health Care Reform Overview.

The page has this statement with client signature spaces at the bottom:

"My tax preparer has provided me with information about the requirement to have health insurance, financial assistance available, and sources where I can obtain additional information."

The page is also #1-3 in the Health Care & Retirement book, but without the statement and signature space.

Besides using due diligence for tax return preparation, are preparers under a duty to provide clients the info in the quoted statement, too? (i.e.- Why collect a signature?) Will you use this in your process?

health care overview

Originally posted by BP. View Post
    TTB's Tools for Tax Pros has an information page called Health Care Reform Overview.

The page has this statement with client signature spaces at the bottom:

"My tax preparer has provided me with information about the requirement to have health insurance, financial assistance available, and sources where I can obtain additional information."

The page is also #1-3 in the Health Care & Retirement book, but without the statement and signature space.

Besides using due diligence for tax return preparation, are preparers under a duty to provide clients the info in the quoted statement, too? (i.e.- Why collect a signature?) Will you use this in your process?
    We used this form (with some additions) last tax season so that returning clients will NOT blame us if they have a penalty for lack of MEC or have to repay APTC. All of us on this forum can do whatever we want. We used it--it worked.
    Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Working...
    X