Drake vs. Bitdefender: Epic Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake vs. Bitdefender: Epic Fail

Drake is not playing well with Bitdefender Antivirus...

Drake was installed a week ago, and today at 4:30 PM, Bitdefender deleted a .dll file from the installation, crippling Drake.

I know how to fix this. I need to create an exception in Bitdefender so that it leaves that file alone, and then reinstall Drake.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem, with Bitdefender or with any other antivirus program...

This was not an issue last year.

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Norton had an issue with Drake as well. In these antivirus software setup you have to create an exception for the Drake folder.

Surprisingly AVG both the free and the pay version work with Drake without a glitch.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I use Avast and had to add Drake to the exception list last year.

Question on Drake for this year.... is it loading slow for you. Mine is loading super slow like 5 minutes to open the program. I need to call support.

Comment

Drake is working fine for me and it is not loading noticeably slower than prior years. ("fine" means as well as I expect it to work, considering that they have beaten me into accepting their limitations over the years)

They don't play well with many anti-malware programs and I hate excluding their directories from scanning, but that appears to be the most reliable way to run their software.
        Doug

Comment

The problem with the type of specialized software we run in general is because it isn't widespread false positives are more of an issue on aggressive antivirus protection. They see a few million occurrences of something with Adobe reader and they figure that out pretty quick. Where as professional tax software it's probably a lot lower counts so it could be a virus, or it could be a less common software.

I've had good luck with Microsoft Security Essentials though, as far as very low false positives. (On the other hand, that probably means it takes a little longer to see the bad stuff compared to the more aggressive virus protection programs.)

Comment

Working...
          X