Health Care Organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Care Organizer

We have just posted our 2014 Health Care Organizer on the Tools for Tax Pros section of our website. The organizer is designed to give to your tax clients (or use as a source of questions to ask clients during the tax interview) so that they can provide you with all of the necessary information concerning the requirement to have health insurance for the 2014 tax year. Depending upon the answers, the organizer directs you, the tax preparer, to where you can find more information concerning a question. For those of you who have TheTaxBook Health Care Edition for 2014, the line-by-line instructions for the forms referenced in the organizer can be found in Tab 1.

To access the organizer, from the home page (www.thetaxbook.com), go to the customer area in the lowers left and click on TheTaxBook Update Service. Then click on Tools for Tax Pros (left side of page), then enter the password found on the inside front cover of any printed copy of TheTaxBook, then click on Organizers, then click on 2014 Health Care Organizer.
    Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 01-16-2015, 08:52 AM.

TheTaxBook 1040 Edition

If you do not have TheTaxBook Health Care Edition, a summary of the information referenced on the organizer can be found in TheTaxBook 1040 Edition on the following pages:
    • For question #1, general information about the requirement to have health insurance is found on page 3-23.
    • For question #4, the types of coverage exemptions on Form 8965 are found on page 1-10. This page also identifies whether the coverage exemption can be claimed with or without an Exemption Certificate Number from the Marketplace. A description of these coverage exemptions is found starting on page 1-15.
    • For question #4, a list of possible hardship exemptions can be found on page 1-16.
    • For question #4, if the penalty for not having health insurance applies, the worksheet to calculate the penalty is found on page 1-11.
    • For question #6, general information about the Premium Tax Credit and the Advanced Premium Tax Credit is covered starting on page 11-12.
    • For question #9, if the answer is yes, see Allocations for Reconciliation of Advanced Premium Tax Credit, starting on page 1-13.

Comment

Health care organizer

[QUOTE=Brad Imsdahl;168032]We have just posted our 2014 Health Care Organizer on the Tools for Tax Pros section of our website. The organizer is designed to give to your tax clients (or use as a source of questions to ask clients during the tax interview) so that they can provide you with all of the necessary information concerning the requirement to have health insurance for the 2014 tax year. Depending upon the answers, the organizer directs you, the tax preparer, to where you can find more information concerning a question. For those of you who have TheTaxBook Health Care Edition for 2014, the line-by-line instructions for the forms referenced in the organizer can be found in Tab 1.

To access the organizer, from the home page (www.thetaxbook.com), go to the customer area in the lowers left and click on TheTaxBook Update Service. Then click on Tools for Tax Pros (left side of page), then enter the password found on the inside front cover of any printed copy of TheTaxBook, then click on Organizers, then click on 2014 Health Care Organizer.

1. Better late, than never, I suppose.
      2. When I got my TTB Health Care reform book recently I was disapointed that there was not a useful 'organizer'or basic decision tree. I worked one up that will work for us this year. It has been used about 75 times so far and seems to be helping all preparer staff and recepts.
      3. Not sure I like an organizer that when given without "editing" gives the clients our TheTaxBook secrets!
      Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertaxguy View Post
        3. Not sure I like an organizer that when given without "editing" gives the clients our TheTaxBook secrets!
        How does the organizer give our clients TheTaxBook secrets? The organizer makes no reference to TheTaxBook.

Comment

Mastertaxguy, I would be interested in looking at your decision tree. Are you able to share it, or would your prefer not to? If yes, please send to ClergyTaxes@aol.com. Thanks for your consideration. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            How does the organizer give our clients TheTaxBook secrets? The organizer makes no reference to TheTaxBook.
            Relax.

Look at the page 2 of the 'main' organizers for individuals, sole prop's, rental, etc.

In the last several years, we/I have encountered several clients who's preparers gave them TTB organizers with the TTB references from page 2. I have used the organizer, but 'whited out' [is that a verb?] the TTB references for client distribution.

As for TTB ACA organizer, I had my dental professor bride look at it last night. As usual, when reviewing tax stuff, her eyes glazed over very quickly in a dull trance before falling completely asleep, but she did mutter it seemed a bit confusing and more time consuming than OSHA compliance (but that's always true with Taxes!).
            Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
              Relax.
              Seems like a perfectly reasonable question.

Look at the page 2 of the 'main' organizers for individuals, sole prop's, rental, etc.
              Prior years, or current year? Current year looks "pre-whited-out."

Comment

As for TTB ACA organizer, I had my dental professor bride look at it last night. As usual, when reviewing tax stuff, her eyes glazed over very quickly in a dull trance before falling completely asleep, but she did mutter it seemed a bit confusing and more time consuming than OSHA compliance (but that's always true with Taxes!).
                This is actually the fist year since Obama Care that the general public is actually going to have to answer those questions. ACA is no longer a political bickering topic. Its reality that we as tax preparers have to deal with. And every single one of those questions on that organizer are relevant.

I was at a Jennings Seminar last month, and once again the topic of preparer fees was discussed. One of the big chain tax prep companies is reported to have said they are charging $295 as the minimum for the PTC form. We are all looking at a bunch of extra time this year explaining the new rules, even if the client has employer coverage. If this isn't a good year to raise rates, then I don't know what is.
                Last edited by Bees Knees; 01-16-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X