Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother Intellifax 2840 fax machine

Does anyone on this board use one?

Not that particular model but i use the fax built into the MFC -L2700dw printer and it works like a charm. Can't go wrong with Brother!

Years back I used the old fashioned Brother 75 fax machine that used thermal tape!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I love my old but wonderful HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 All-in-One. Feeder, flatbed, talks with my computers, color, really nice quality printing, programmable. (Have a smaller, faster, just black HP LaserJet for printing tax returns, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        Not that particular model but i use the fax built into the MFC -L2700dw printer and it works like a charm. Can't go wrong with Brother!

Years back I used the old fashioned Brother 75 fax machine that used thermal tape!
        I am need of a new printer and would like to incorporate the scanner with - as a multi function. Does this model work well for you using Drake and printing tax returns and scanning?

Thanks

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
          I am need of a new printer and would like to incorporate the scanner with - as a multi function. Does this model work well for you using Drake and printing tax returns and scanning?

Thanks

Sandy
          I have not had any issues with this machine this tax season. The aftermarket toners are reasonable ($23 to $27) and they last just as long as the OEM!
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Thanks Atsman

There is a MFC-L2740DW looks maybe a little better -- Thoughts

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
              Thanks Atsman

There is a MFC-L2740DW looks maybe a little better -- Thoughts

Sandy
              I have not used that particular model but based on the Brother website http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/Model...w#.VXwVCUbfqM8

It appears to be the next upgrade in that series. I would not buy directly from the Brother website because you can get a better price on Amazon, Staples etc.

I have used Brother products for over 10 years without any issues. The aftermarket toners are reasonable and readily available.

Comment

I've had bad luck with Brother printers and Brother all-in-ones, very, very short life spans. I've had great luck with HP printers and all-in-ones; all still working including the 4L that's been printing for 21 years or more.

Be careful about using an all-in-one for tax return printing. If one function "breaks" then you're out of business re all the other functions. Make sure you can still print even if you can't fax, for instance. I had a color printer that if I ran out of one color, then I could NOT print a purely B&W document.

Comment

My suggestion is to always have a backup printer ready to fire at a moments notice. Nothing is more frustrating than a misbehaving printer while the client is is a hurry!

If you want to prolong the useful life of your laser jet printers, get an annual cleaning and maintenance done. You will be surprised how dirty (from paper fuzz and toner residue) the platens and rollers get, particularly the fuser and corona wire. You can do it yourself with a compressed air can, service manual and white petroleum grease to lubricate the plastic gears.

If you run mailing labels and one of them gets stuck after peeling off. Make sure you get rid of the sticky glue with Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).

Comment

Working...
                  X