Cp575

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cp575

Client is trying to get things straightened out with Medicare. They are demanding a copy of CP575, which was issued in 1985 and has been lost over the years. Can someone tell me the quickest and easiest way to get a copy of this, if possible. Or, in the alternative, some type of confirmation from the IRS.

Thanks to all.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Not sure if I can help

The last time I checked, the IRS was not able to reissue or provide a copy of a CP575 notice.

I believe that they can issue a 147C letter that is usually accepted in lieu of the CP575.

You might try calling one of these numbers for help with the above:
    Individuals: 800-829-1040
    Businesses: 800-829-4933
    Exempt Organizations, Retirement Plan Administrators, and Government Entities: 877-829-5500
    Doug

Comment

Thanks, Doug. I had heard that it could not be reissued, but as often as things seem to change, was hoping. Of course, I should know, the changes are never for the better for the taxpayer.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
        ...the changes are never for the better for the taxpayer.
        nor for us....expect significant hold times.
        Doug

Comment

Working...
        X