Printer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer Help

My old HP3005 has finally bit the dust. I am considering getting an AIO B&W laser to replace it, but have no experience with AIO machines for my one person office. My average print volume is about 4000 pages/month. Anyone have experience using this type of machine for serious office use? Recommendations?

I have 1 Brother MFC L2700 and another MFC 8710. Both are great printers. Easy maintenance and reasonable priced generic toners are available online.

I do duplex printing a lot.

Purchased them at Staples when they went on sale around Christmas time.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

With your volume, I'd stick to HP as they are the workhorses of the printer world.

Comment

All in one or multi function printers are generally for small offices. If you want heavy duty commercial quality printers don't get all in one type printer.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I have the Brother 8710DW for miscellaneous printing and an HP 4015 for tax returns. The HP prints faster and with the 1500 page tray holds a total of 2100 pages before I have to add paper.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

the HP 3005 is on Amazon and is priced in the low $900s.

I'm using an HP 8000n that goes back to the early '90s. I just keep repairing it since it is a good printer. How dead is dead?
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
              the HP 3005 is on Amazon and is priced in the low $900s.

I'm using an HP 8000n that goes back to the early '90s. I just keep repairing it since it is a good printer. How dead is dead?

HP 3005 prints at 33 pages per minute and costs $900

Brother MFC 8710 prints 40 pages per minute and I paid $299 at Staples. Plus it scans, copies and faxes.

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. The HP3005 would cost about $250 in parts plus labor to fix. I got about 7 years of service out of it so all in all not bad. For now I am going to keep it and may decide to get it fixed or sell it. I decided to go with the Brother MFC-8810DW mostly because I need the copy and scan functions and the wireless feature for printing from other devices in my home office. Costco had it on special for $400.

Comment

I would not spend any money repairing a 7 year old printer! It is probably reaching its end of life!

The MFC 8810 looks identical to the MFC 8710 except for the price? Almost $100 more!
                  Last edited by ATSMAN; 01-14-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X