Clergy Income Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clergy Income Question

Small local church had a pastoral candidate that they paid all expenses for him and his family to come visit the church and area. He preached during the visit and was voted to be their pastor. He accepted and while waiting for housing to be available, he took a position with another church. Church wants to know if the expenses paid for the trip are income for the pastor?

Was there any employment contract?

Was it moving expenses?

How is this different if I am invited to a job interview and they pay all my travel expenses but I don't accept the position?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by Justataxguy View Post
      Small local church had a pastoral candidate that they paid all expenses for him and his family to come visit the church and area. He preached during the visit and was voted to be their pastor. He accepted and while waiting for housing to be available, he took a position with another church. Church wants to know if the expenses paid for the trip are income for the pastor?
      He was not an employee when the expenses were paid. It is not income to the taxpayer.

Comment

Working...
      X