Jackson Hewitt Refund Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson Hewitt Refund Advance

I just heard from a client whose her sister works at Walmart that JH is offering $200 refund advance right now via a prepaid card?

I thought no one was offering refund advance anymore?

Anyone else heard of this.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

refund advance

H&R has offered $500 for years only about 10% of the people receive it. You must have excellent credit.

Comment

I suspect every year there's at least some people doing these things. This year I received marketing emails from Refundo on a $500 advance they do.

Jackson Hewitt is advertising the $200 advance on their website. http://offers.jacksonhewitt.com/tax-...rn-advance-200
      I can't tell if they advance the $200 today (prior to transmitting the return) or if the $200 comes when they get an acknowledgement back from IRS (which of course would be more like January 20th). But it is a real thing, at any rate.

Comment

I went to the JH website and found this:

Wouldn't it be great to get $200 to help pay off some of those holiday
        bills? Go to a Jackson Hewitt® office and let us prepare your tax
        return. You could get a $200 Advance on your tax refund - with 0%
        interest, no credit check and high approval rates. When you file with
        us and if your refund is at least $1,000 you'll qualify to apply for a
        $200 Advance. Offer not available in Illinois, Nevada & North Dakota.

AVAILABLE IN STORE ONLY. STARTING JANUARY 2, 2015.

So no credit checks as long as you get at least $1,000. Wonder how they underwrite the risk?

Perfect for those EITC tax returns!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

refund advance

REFUNDO cost the preparer $50.00 for every bank product funded. I do over 750 bank returns I would be paying $37,500 to help underwrite the $500 advances to my clients.I did not think I would gain that much added business to pay the fees.

Comment

Originally posted by MDEA View Post
            REFUNDO cost the preparer $50.00 for every bank product funded. I do over 750 bank returns I would be paying $37,500 to help underwrite the $500 advances to my clients.I did not think I would gain that much added business to pay the fees.
            Did the Refundo price go up for 2015? I thought it was flat $27.

Comment

refund advance

If you want to participate in the refund advance the price went up $50 per bank product. If not it stayed the same.

Comment

Thanks. Got it.

Are any taxpayer ever denied the advance refund, since they do not check credit?

Comment

refund advance

Don't know decided to stay with River City Bank no advance payments. Could do myself if there were not so many laws to comply with.

Comment

Working...
                  X