Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRS/Fed Refunds for 2014 TY to be delayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS/Fed Refunds for 2014 TY to be delayed?

I read an article here and there the IRS may delay 2014 TY refunds due to Congress cutting and/or freezing IRS's budget then I look at this webpage at:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and in red font you will see the following words:

"If you are thinking that you may be receiveing a TAX REFUND in 2015 for the 2014 Tax Calendar year, please note: Refunds are MOST LIKELY going to be delayed until October of 2015. TAX PLANNING services are highly recommended by anyone who thinks they are going to get a refund... no need to let the IRS keep your money even longer."

2014 Delayed Refunds

Did you also follow their next instruction to "Contact us for More Information"?
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Unless and until

the IRS says so, I wouldn't much stock in such speculative statements.

Comment

Obvious Commercial Publication

Consider the source. This is an obvious comment designed to scare its readers into engaging the purveyors of financial planning.

We should know this kind of stuff when we see it. If we can't know this is a gimmick when we see it, how on earth can we advise our clients to avoid it?

Comment

They can't even spell right. Not exactly a reliable source of information. I'd trust this more: http://nationalreport.net/2014-feder...-october-2015/

That one is much better done. Also, congress has eliminated CTC, the mortgage deduction, and EITC! http://nationalreport.net/congress-e...-t-c-tax-code/

They've got more. Niagara Falls was closed down for Fracking recently: http://nationalreport.net/exxon-temp...ing-operation/

Comment

Is that outfit Legit?
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
              Is that outfit Legit?
              No. National report is legit as a fake news site, and their article fooled a lot of folks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Corduroy Frog View Post
                Consider the source. This is an obvious comment designed to scare its readers into engaging the purveyors of financial planning.

We should know this kind of stuff when we see it. If we can't know this is a gimmick when we see it, how on earth can we advise our clients to avoid it?
                This is funny that you mention that we should all know a swindler when we see it. Yesterday I received a phone call from a tax publication that I just happened to take their online ethics course. The woman from the tax publication informed me that my California tax id was identical with 5 other people and being used by a Patty Berg. When I told the woman that I do not live in California and I doubt I would be doing any California returns this year, she assured me that it wont affect me then.

When I called the tax publication back an hour later, a man said that the woman I talked to was on another call, but he also assured me that it will not affect my cpe credits to the IRS. He also said that he doesn't believe his company computers were hacked into, he believed that it was probably just a simple mishap with one number and the combination of a common name. (Patty Berg)

Since when is Patty Berg a common name, and I can ASSURE you that my name is not Patty Berg.

Now who is going to assure me that my information is not going to continue to be used for this idiot woman that can not take her own CPE credits, she has to steal 6 peoples identity so she can file taxes in California.

hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                X