Irs news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irs news

The Internal Revenue Service is crying poor in the face of budget cuts and weighing the possibility of its own short-term shutdown -- even warning that tax refunds could be delayed next year.

I can live with slow refunds, but hope a shutdown doesn't come to pass.

This is old news!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Well, You're right.

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
      This is old news!
      It was dated December 19th. I extend my apologies to you and any other offended parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
        It was dated December 19th. I extend my apologies to you and any other offended parties.
        No apology needed. Just wanted to make sure you knew that it was stale news.

I am still not convinced that the refund delay will be worse than last tax season. But I will be warning my clients to be patient!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I am still not convinced that the refund delay will be worse than last tax season. But I will be warning my clients to be patient!
          Oh, I think we are in for big troubles this year trying to get IRS to do anything if it isn't a standard e-filed return.

I have a partnership that is always late filing their return. The individual partners file their return on time because the extension deadline is October 15th, but with the partnership extended deadline now September 15th, they are always late. I have a standard form that gets their late filing penalty abated under Rev. Proc. 84-35., which ALWAYS gets them out of the penalty.

For some reason, IRS apparently is not rubber stamping penalty relief this year. Three correspondences later, the IRS still does not acknowledge my client doesn't owe the penalty.

All I can figure is with all the layoffs, whoever is left at IRS is way over-worked and doesn't have time to actually read any correspondence they get in the mail.

Comment

...Just wanted to make sure you knew that it was stale news...
            So noted and confirmed.

Comment

Working...
            X