Letter to client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter to client

Do any of you have a tax letter you mail out to your clients beginning of the year? I saw that UncleSam and a few others shared theirs 2 years ago. I was hoping to get ideas how to address the Health Care issue in the client letter! Thanks to those that share!!

Here's what mine said about ACA:

"Please note the questions regarding health insurance coverage at the bottom of the page.
    These questions are necessary due to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act this year. For many taxpayers, this information will be simple to provide. But if your filing situation requires extensive work or research to report this information, we will need to file an extension to provide adequate time to gather this information and properly report it."

Notice I didn't say "we may need to file an extension", or "we would like to file an extension", or any other wishy-washy nonsense. I said "we will need to file an extension". Period. I wanted to make it crystal clear that I don't intend to waste valuable time during the regular filing season on this stuff for people who didn't bother to get their act together in 2014. They will just have to wait until I have time to sort it all out.
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-29-2014, 10:26 AM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I am still developing and editing mine. Basically, mine says you will have to provide proof of insurance this year, such as an insurance card which gives the names of persons covered and the dates. And if you got coverage through the Marketplace, you may receive Form 1095 which should be included with your tax documents. It's a little more elaborate than that, but those are the two major points. And we will go from there. There is no sense in bombarding them with information they won't absorb. And they would have to live under a rock not to know that they need insurance or may have to pay a penalty. I expect it to impact very few of my people. So it may depend on your clientele.
      Last edited by Burke; 12-29-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I am pasting a link to the chart

I am including this link at the bottom of my client letter. First I printed the chart but that means an extra page so I opted just to paste the link.

I will e-mail the chart or provide more details when they call me and ask questions.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Letter to Client

I added a sentence to my standard letter that flatly stated that if their return required additional schedules
          and/or computations to be in compliance with ACA, they would be charged an extra $ 75 fee.

In speaking with most clients recently regarding ACA - they're pretty much prepared to pay extra fees for
          ACA issues.

Most of my clients that I've already spoken to already have health coverage and those who had to scramble
          around - were wise enough to stay away from Obama's Marketplace.
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Any idea what the chain stores are charging additional for ACA? I think I saw a HRB ad that they are offering free consultation?
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
            X