More statistics (these on e-filing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More statistics (these on e-filing)

As of March 3, 2006, 74% of all returns filed (40 out of 54 million) were e-files. Eleven million were from home computers; up 16% from last year. Maybe Turbo-Tax is having some effect. Still, 71% of all the e-files were done by professionals.

My banker was brain-picking me last week about taxability of his SS and inadvertently revealed that he's using TT. About ten years ago I told him I couldn't do his tediously involved multi-rentals return until March--that I did "short" forms in Jan/Feb. Although remaining friendly and lending money to me, he didn't come back. I didn't know why (well, I mean I know why--I just didn't know where he went). Makes me wonder why he asked, though. I told him TT would calculate it, but he still wanted to know "how it's done" (the 50% SS+income-$32K, etc.).

2005 was the first IRS season for mandatory e-filing by corporations with assets of $50 mil and filing 250 W-2s/1099s. For '06 it drops to $10 mil + 250. IRS says there are no plans at present to mandate e-filing for small businesses, although it encourages all to adopt EF.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 05-31-2006, 08:22 AM.

If I was you I would tell the banker I was switching to TurboBank.

Comment

I can't -- he's got my nest egg.

Originally posted by veritas
      If I was you I would tell the banker I was switching to TurboBank.
      Guy goes to a psychiatrist:

"Doc, doc! My brother's gone crazy. He thinks he's a chicken!"

"Well, why don't you turn him in?"

"I can't, Doc. We need the eggs!"

Comment

Working...
      X