HSA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSA's

I'm getting more inquiries on HSA's, really don't know the pro's or con's on this.

Is there a simple answer to "Good Deal" or "No Good Deal"
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

There is no easy answer. Each situation is different. For instance in Oregon a group HSA premium is the same as an HMO or PPO. So it defeats the purpose somewhat of an HSA which is to reduce the premium cost by having a higher deductible policy. However if you have a high deductible anyhow then I would say it's a no brainer.

I would personally like to have an HSA but we have a group plan so I must be a part of that by Oregon law. I have a long time valuable employee who does not want any part of a HSA account, she wants the insurance plan we have now which makes doctor visits cost $15.

What I'm hoping for is the group plan to allow employees who want HMO or PPO and others who want an HSA in the same plan. Some companies are offering this choice now.

Comment

You need to look at the cost of premiums and size of deductible. Personally I have one & like it. You can use the HSA dollars to pay for eye exams, glasses & dentist which often insurance doesn't cover. Many of my small business clients who are not large enough to have a group plan go this route.

Comment

Working...
      X