Inc. filing S-Corp want to do DBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inc. filing S-Corp want to do DBA

Got a client who is Inc. with the AZ Corporate Commission and wants open an additional business and wants that additional unrelated business to be a DBA of the Corp like" Fred's Inc DBA Fred's Landscaping LLC". Can that be done? Seems to me the Corp should just own the LLC and the LLC can by itself use it's own name Fred's Landscaping w/o the DBA. Your comments please.

In my state, a "dba" is simply an additional registered name under the existing business. No new LLC or corporation needs to be established. The "dba" must not be currently in use by another business.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Got a client who is Inc. with the AZ Corporate Commission and wants open an additional business and wants that additional unrelated business to be a DBA of the Corp like" Fred's Inc DBA Fred's Landscaping LLC". Can that be done? Seems to me the Corp should just own the LLC and the LLC can by itself use it's own name Fred's Landscaping w/o the DBA. Your comments please.
      A corporation may engage in any lawful business, and you'll find this in the corporate by laws. DBA means nothing really. And certainly no need to form a separate LLC just for a separate business. Both business may be conducted by the existing corporation.

Now sometimes it makes sense to keep a separate set of books for the newer business, but a year's end, simply combine assets, liabilitites, incoem and expenses of both.

The new business will simply be a branch of the corporation.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
      X