Importing Data from Excel into QB Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Data from Excel into QB Pro

Has anyone ever done that before and if so how successful was it? I have Excel 2010 and QB Pro 2011.

It was a LONG time ago when I last did one, but it went fairly well. I think I first set up a dozen dummy transactions which were similar in complexity to the data I wanted to import. Then I ran the import with the dummy data and manually checked each one of them to see that it came over to QB as expected.

There were some surprises, which caused me to change a few things in the Excel file. Keep in mind that everything must be perfect with respect to how the Excel file is set up, so it's worth doing a trial run and thinking this through before actually trying an import with a large amount of important data.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Here are a couple of links that may help you:

If you can, upgrade to the newest version of Quickbooks Accountant edition. It allows you to do Batch Transactions from excel into quickbooks just by doing a copy and paste. I love it.

Comment

QB Premier Accountants Edition 2013

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
        If you can, upgrade to the newest version of Quickbooks Accountant edition. It allows you to do Batch Transactions from excel into quickbooks just by doing a copy and paste. I love it.
        I have QB Premier Accountants Edition 2013. Will that work? Also, do you happen to know if this edition is two compatible with QB Pro 2014?

Comment

There is a one year difference in being able to open files. Here is a list at QBs:

QB 2013 Accountant Edition does support the batch entry of transactions.

Comment

Working...
          X