Phishing Phone Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phishing Phone Calls

Recently, there have been a number of phoney IRS calls to my clients. They are going after seniors. One of my clients asked me if their is someone at IRS to contact. Does anyone know if IRS wants taxpayers to contact them, and if so, who does one contact at IRS.

Report phishing and scams. Find out what to do If you receive unsolicited communications claiming to be from the IRS.

Comment

Tell your clients to contact you first before resdponding!

In my engagement letter and checklist I have a paragraph in bold requesting my client to contact me first if they get any phone call or letter from anyone requesting information about their tax return, late taxes etc. There is a well organized scam run from various foreign countries targeting gullible Americans. You can tell by the accent of the people calling. My own family has been subject to these calls and once I call them back it quiets down for a while.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

This was reported on national & local news a short time ago. Apparently, this type of call isn't new but is enjoying a renewed popularity.

Comment

Thanks TAX GUY BILL

Just what U was looking for, Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X