IRS direct payment option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS direct payment option

I can't WAIT to hear some of the comments here on this new IRS option.

LINK --->>> http://www.irs.gov/Payments/Direct-Pay

"Use this secure service to pay your tax bill or make an estimated tax payment directly from your checking or savings account at no cost to you.
    You’ll receive instant confirmation that your payment has been submitted."

Reason for Payment

Installment Agreement
    Tax Return
    Estimated Tax
    Proposed Tax Assessment
    Extension
    Amended Return
    Other (1040 Only)

Tax Year for Payment (select)

I will c***k in periodically. . .

FE

Looks like I'm going to be making changes to my Client C***klist next time I c***k on what it needs to say.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Haven't used this, but I did set a client up this year for automatic debits each quarter for his estimated payments. He is elderly and getting quite foggy. I did this within my software when I efiled the return. At the time, it said this was the only way this could be done, and was not available after the return was filed. It worked just fine. I checked his bank account for April and it came out right on the 15th. It's a help to me as well, since I don't have to take care of these each quarter to make sure he did it, as he forgot one last year. Unfortunately, the state was not so easily done. They have availability on their website, but you have to set up an account, password, etc and it was just easier to pay the whole four quarters up front in April (it was less than $500) than try to deal with the four payments and be beholding to the deadlines. He doesn't have a computer and would not be able to manage that process.

Comment

I strongly encourage my clients to use Electronic pay vs. mailing paper checks for estimated taxes etc. Had too many issues over the years with paper check reconciliation. I had one client who lost close to $500 to the state DOR because he can't convince the state DOR that they cashed his check (His bank does not provide actual check copy only a statement that the check was cashed and date). DOR want to see the back of the check?
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Time to change banks, after c***king around for better service.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

My preferred method for all payments. Much safer than a mailed check.

Comment

Automated quarterly debits by IRS

Originally posted by Burke View Post
              Haven't used this, but I did set a client up this year for automatic debits each quarter for his estimated payments. He is elderly and getting quite foggy. I did this within my software when I efiled the return. At the time, it said this was the only way this could be done, and was not available after the return was filed. It worked just fine. I checked his bank account for April and it came out right on the 15th. It's a help to me as well, since I don't have to take care of these each quarter to make sure he did it, as he forgot one last year. Unfortunately, the state was not so easily done. They have availability on their website, but you have to set up an account, password, etc and it was just easier to pay the whole four quarters up front in April (it was less than $500) than try to deal with the four payments and be beholding to the deadlines. He doesn't have a computer and would not be able to manage that process.
              I've been using this process for several years with many clients who must make quarterly IRS payments.

The payment process could not work any better....I just remind them, in the cover letter, to c***k to be sure there are enough funds in their bank account on the four debit dates.

Agree on the extra hurdles raised by the states. But it's been my experience that many (most) states tend to lag the IRS in some areas of filing/payment simplification.

FE

Comment

Working...
              X