Deseased dependent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deseased dependent

Daughter claimed her mother that lived in her home for 11 month prior to death. All qualification for claiming the mother as a dependent are met.
    IRS rejected because SSI# belongs to a deceased individual. How to fix????
    Last edited by RLymanC; 05-16-2014, 10:59 PM.
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Diseased or deceased?

But seriously, it shouldn't have rejected. Are we talking an e-file reject? If so, you may have to go paper, though you might want to check with the e-file help desk. (I presume you're not trying to claim for the year AFTER death!)
    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

As stated - presumption efile rejection, Just to share, there has been a really big "snafu" on the electronic filings concerning deceased SSN's - Not sure how IRS changed the 2013 filing protocol, but I have had more rejects on deceased associated SSN's than I have ever had.

If you can not perfect your efiling with the deceased SSN #, the alternative is to paper file.

If a notice from IRS, of course, you will need to provide all of the documentation to substantiate the claim of the Mother as a dependent.

Good Luck

Sandy

Comment

I thought I read something that they had straightened out that "snafu" so perhaps if it is reinput it may process now.

Comment

Deseased SS#

E-filed 5/16/2014 and got the reject, I'll call E-File help desk, may have to paper file.

Thanks for all imput
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
            E-filed 5/16/2014 and got the reject, I'll call E-File help desk, may have to paper file.

Thanks for all imput

What was the error code ?

Comment

Working...
            X