Form 2848 power of atty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 2848 power of atty.

What would be the quickest way to get a POA to the IRS? Is there a way I can do it online?

Poa to irs

1. Fax to the IRS CAF unit where you work;
    2. Have it ready to fax when you call IRS to discuss a client matter--they will ask you for the POA and then give you a fax number (probably what you are looking for or dealing with).
    3. E-services (maybe).
    Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the info.

Comment

Caf#?

Once you are assigned a CAF number, do you use that same number for all clients, or do they assign a new one for the new client? I had a CAF # several years ago for a client. I am doing another POA for another client and the form asks for the CAf number. I don't know whether to enter "none" or use the one I had years ago. Thanks

Comment

1 caf# per preparer/ rep.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
          X