Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Office bus moved to new residential home, can some exps be claimed on Sch C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Office bus moved to new residential home, can some exps be claimed on Sch C?

TP move does NOT qualify for moving exps form 3903 BUT part of the moving exps was moving his business equipment etc. I was considering breaking down the moving exps to apply just those exps related to moving his bus related items like equipment etc. You comments please.

Detailed Moving Invoice

I have seen some moving companies detail their invoice like "7 dressers = $200; 3 couches = $100" or a list of charges like "dressers = $28.57 per item"

Did the moving company itemize anything? Could the moving company provide a breakdown of what it cost to move just the business equipment?

I probably would take the expenses specifically related to the business directly on the schedule C.

Comment

We certainly deducted moving expenses of relocating our office on the business return. I see no reason why he could not do the same with the business items. If no breakdown, have him take pictures of the new office setup.

Comment

Wow, thanks for this post. I just had this situation myself. Didn't even occur to me asking this question and this is not just a little office, this is a business ran from home with equipment and all. Luckily, this return was not filed yet. What a blessing!

Comment

Working...
        X