Employee expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee expenses

I have a client that worked at a clean up site at a nuclear power plant. He had a contract that was indefinite, but was supposed to last about a year. He drove to this location round trip of about 300 miles per day 4 days per week.

The contract extended to over one year, which takes away his temporary work place mileage, from my understanding. However, it was an unforeseen extension of the contract. Is he eligible for mileage at all?

Originally posted by Openfire View Post
    I have a client that worked at a clean up site at a nuclear power plant. He had a contract that was indefinite, but was supposed to last about a year. He drove to this location round trip of about 300 miles per day 4 days per week.

The contract extended to over one year, which takes away his temporary work place mileage, from my understanding. However, it was an unforeseen extension of the contract. Is he eligible for mileage at all?
    You'll have to begin by being more precise than "about a year." If it was a year or more, no. If it was less than a year, yes, up to the point that it was first clear it would be more than a year. If it was never more precise than "about a year", I'd take that as a combination of indefinite and more than a year, and answer no.

Comment

Did he get a W2 or a 1099misc? You said by contract and didn't mention he was an employee. His expenses depend on how he was classified and paid.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Based on your post it would appear to not be a temporary assignment. Taxea I am not quite sure as to whether he was an employee or not would have anything to do with the result.

Comment

Working...
        X