Reporting Form W-2G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting Form W-2G

Is this gambling winnings form required to be reported in detail? Ultratax has an input screen but is it required?

I'm considering entering the detail for those forms that have withholding..... and entering a total for the other 85 forms.

The text on the 1040 page 1 left column is:

Attach Form(s)
    W-2 here. Also
    attach Forms
    W-2G and
    1099-R if tax
    was withheld.

I would read that to imply if tax is not withheld the W-2G and 1099-R aren't necessary to attach.

Comment

Originally posted by LCP View Post
      Is this gambling winnings form required to be reported in detail? Ultratax has an input screen but is it required?
      I'm considering entering the detail for those forms that have withholding..... and entering a total for the other 85 forms.
      85 forms? You betcha I would consolidate into one for data entry. Enter the withholding ones separately.

Comment

W-2g: Session losses?

For the taxpayer, it may be beneficial to determine if there were session losses incurred relative to the W-2G's.
        Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Working...
        X