NT-Warren Buffet says "Buy Index Funds"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT-Warren Buffet says "Buy Index Funds"

This has to be the final word on the subject from someone who knows better than anyone else in the investing community. And Warren Buffet is absolutely correct in his analysis. This little bit of advice underscores how brilliant he is:

Or to say it differently, "After I buy the farm, you should buy a farm."
    Last edited by JohnH; 03-14-2014, 08:01 AM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

I think his advice is a good thing for most people. Very few people want to spend the time and effort or acquire the know-how to pick stocks, so an index does the job.

I would recommend an ETF (SPY) rather than a mutual fund for someone making a large one-time purchase--like Buffet's heirs. For someone buying small amounts each month, the mutual fund would be less expensive.

Personally, I like picking stocks, using David Fish's monthly list of dividend-increasers available free on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
      This has to be the final word on the subject from someone who knows better than anyone else in the investing community. And Warren Buffet is absolutely correct in his analysis. This little bit of advice underscores how brilliant he is:

Or to say it differently, "After I buy the farm, you should buy a farm."

I enjoyed the article. I'm not smart / lucky enough to pick stocks. Your "After I buy the farm, you should buy a farm" was not lost on me, either.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
      X