W-2 Railroad Employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-2 Railroad Employee

It appears the W-2 for Railroad Employees has changed for 2013. There is more information in Box 14 (although box 14 is not actually identified by a number, but it follows Box 13 and comes before Box 15. At any rate, it now includes RRT Tier I Wages, RRT Tier I Withheld, RRT Tier II Wages, RRT Tier II Withheld, RRT Medicare Wages, RRT Medicare Withheld. All categories are followed by $ amounts. Which, if any, are required to be reported and make a difference in the bottom line? Any reference to published guidelines would be greatly appreciated.

Railroad

What software are you using?

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Originally posted by RayT View Post
      It appears the W-2 for Railroad Employees has changed for 2013. There is more information in Box 14 (although box 14 is not actually identified by a number, but it follows Box 13 and comes before Box 15. At any rate, it now includes RRT Tier I Wages, RRT Tier I Withheld, RRT Tier II Wages, RRT Tier II Withheld, RRT Medicare Wages, RRT Medicare Withheld. All categories are followed by $ amounts. Which, if any, are required to be reported and make a difference in the bottom line? Any reference to published guidelines would be greatly appreciated.
      It does not affect the bottom line. Box 3 & 5 are for Social Security wages. RR employees are not under the SS system. They have their own retirement plan, which is mighty darn good I must say. They do pay a little more in as you can see. None of the amts in Box 14 will be shown on the tax return. The W-2 reports them for SSA/RR retirement purposes only. My software has a box to check at the for "special situations" and RR employees are one of them. The W-2 information then changes to accommodate this type.

Comment

Working...
      X