1099 Red Ink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 Red Ink

When is the IRS going to upgrade and allow us to start printing 1099's without using their Red Ink copies?
    If all the non-standard W-2s out there are scan-able, why not 1099Misc?

They'd probably boost their rate of receiving them (especially in a timely manner) if they upgraded.

Someone I know sends in the black copies. They have never received them back.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

I think it's because IRS can't process B&W information forms - only SSA can.
      Different equipment.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

No doubt they have no reason to encourage the paper filing so making paper filing of 1099's easier can't be a high priority.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
          Always wondered whether a bill arrived.

I order a stack every year from the IRS, they mail them to me for free incurring 100% of the cost.
          Yeah, saving money isn't an issue I guess.

It's the printing of the forms that slows everything down.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
            That doesn't mean the IRS processes them. It could be IRS throws them in the trash and the taxpayer is treated as not having filed the 1099.

Comment

My software has allowed for the E-filing of 1099's for several years. Much faster and easier than dealing with the red forms.

Comment

Irs note

Just received a notice from the IRS that they DO NOT HAVE 1099 forms.

Guess I'll try some local offices and if they don't have them, we'll laser print them!
                I don't have software to e-file them.

Comment

I have some left.
                  I over-ordered and didn't make as many mistakes as I had expected.
                  PM me with how many you need and if i have enough I'll send them to you.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Aww

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                    I have some left.
                    I over-ordered and didn't make as many mistakes as I had expected.
                    PM me with how many you need and if i have enough I'll send them to you.
                    That was beautiful.
                    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Thanks.

Another client told me he bought a stack from Office Depot and will bring them by my office tomorrow.
                      Weird that the IRS would run out.

Comment

They ran out in my town too. JohnH was kind enough to send me a few.

Comment

I believe I ordered some and have on file - as I switched to Drake and can now electronic file through the FIRE System - What a relief!

One would think with the Govt asking for or requiring electronic efiles - this would have been one of them! - My 2cents worth!

Let me know!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                          X