Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deductible volunteer coaching for 501c(3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deductible volunteer coaching for 501c(3)

From what I read, coaches volunteering for sports leagues can deduct their mileage and all equipment they personally purchased and donated to the league as long as they receive no benefits in return like their kids getting free enrollment, etc. Sound correct?

After posting this, I thought of something. If the volunteering coach also has 1 or more of their children playing on the same team the volunteer coach is coaching, now does is still qualify for volunteering?
    Last edited by AZ-Tax; 03-07-2014, 10:59 AM.

Coaching

Yes, but can they deduct the cost of anger management counseling after they get into a fistfight with one of the parents?

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Coaching

Mileage is correct - equipment works if the charity takes possession of it and is for only thier use and ownership.

Comment

Koss...me thinks that would be like elective surgery since the coach opted to put himself in that position. Other than that I agree the equipment would have to be donated to the team to be deductible and any fees waived by the team for dependent participation would have to be subtracted from the total value of the donation expenses.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X