Website to check status of 13 tax return that has balance due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website to check status of 13 tax return that has balance due

Is there a website in which I can check the status of a 2013 tax return that I e-filed Feb 1 that has a balance due? I know there is one for refunds.

My client the taxpayer needs to know due to a mortgage the TP is trying to obtain and the Mortgage Co. needs transcripts.

Called the IRS practitioner priority line and this what they told me. When a tax return is filed with any balance due paid at time of filing, it will be approx. 3 weeks and the tax return will post. W/o the balance accompanying the filing of the tax return, it will not post and once the balance is paid, it will go back into sequence.
    Last edited by AZ-Tax; 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM.

I would check where the money is going to be withdrawn, either credit card or bank withdrawal.

Comment

What is main inquiry?

Not quite sure I understand your question re "status."

I've filed several returns with a balance due....but debit will not occur until (choice of client) sometime in early April.

What information are you really trying to obtain at this time??? (I assume you already have relevant efile information.)

FE

Comment

Well, where there IS a "Where's My Refund" application, there is not one to check to determine the status of a Balance Due return that I am aware of. I wish there were.

Comment

Wonder what would happen if you answered all the relevant questions on "Where's My Refund", but entered the balance due in response to the "Amount of Refund" query. I've never tried this, but wondering if it might tell you if the return is being processed?
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

No, I have tried that. It doesn't work.

Comment

Well, just thinking out loud here.
              If it tells you the info doesn't match their records, it is telling you the return has been filed.
              If it asks when you filed the return, it is telling you they haven't received the return yet.
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
              X