Kids In The Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    They were simpler then. And we had receptionists who collected all the documents, set up the folders and in my office even entered the names and SSN's on the returns before we got them. And we had processors who did the copying and collating, handled pickups. I do it all now.
    Yes ... but we also had to do a lot of figuring ourselves, income averaging was pretty common, most folks could itemize, figuring out pensions, etc. Not so sure things were that much simpler in some ways. Don't forget having to enter 20 to 50 or more items for depreciation for a new client or when our schedules ran out. That was always a pain in the neck.
    But you are right about the receptionist collecting a lot of the information beforehand.

Comment

Kids in the Office

Regarding the original question. I loved the remember whens. Whenever clients have their kids in the office one of the biggest problems was the kids trying to touch the keys on the computer. All I have to say is be careful you might mess up your parents return. I even had one that grabbed the keys while I was typing information in. You would be surprised at how fast the parents learn control of their kids if they think their return will be messed up.

Comment

I have a sign that says "Unattended/unruly/distracting children and/or animals will be caged." If a client came into my office with a kid I would pleasantly inform the client that I am happy to reschedule the appointment for a time when they can come in without the children. If they don't agree they are free to go elsewhere. I run a stress-free business not a daycare and any client who doesn't understand that there are appropriate and inappropriate places to take children surely doesn't deserve my expertise. I don't need the frustrations they bring with them
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X