Pastor Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastor Housing

Ok, I know that Pastor Housing Allowance cannot start until AFTER it has been passed or approved by the church. However, upon audit can the pastor use the FULL year expenses to show or just the time AFTER the housing allowance is passed?

He may only use the housing expenses that match the period he had a qualified housing allowance.

Comment

Thanks! I was thinking to figure the housing allowance it was fair rental value of his home, however the sheet I printed says mortgage payments. Also I've read about that on here, does he base his housing allowance on his mortgage payments?

Comment

Hope this helps

A good basic Q & A here:

If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
          Thanks! I was thinking to figure the housing allowance it was fair rental value of his home, however the sheet I printed says mortgage payments. Also I've read about that on here, does he base his housing allowance on his mortgage payments?
          Note that is the lesser of three items:

1. Actual expenses.
          2. HSA designated by church.
          3. FRV of home (furnished) + utilities.

Actual expenses includes his entire mortgage payment.

Comment

Thanks everyone, that is basically how I informed this pastor Burke, thanks for the confirmation! Now I have another question. Some changes were made to the Accountable Reimbursement Plan as of March 2nd for the year of 2014. For January and February, should I use that plan or the one that was already in effect up until then?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
              Thanks everyone, that is basically how I informed this pastor Burke, thanks for the confirmation! Now I have another question. Some changes were made to the Accountable Reimbursement Plan as of March 2nd for the year of 2014. For January and February, should I use that plan or the one that was already in effect up until then?
              The one which was in effect prior to the change.

Comment

Thanks again Burke! Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                X