IRS Efficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Efficiency

I am amazed at how efficient the IRS has become. I have a multi-year non-filer for whom I prepared 7 years of returns at once most with refunds, but a few with a balance due. I just got a notice that they had applied $3500 form his 2013 tax return to the balance due for 2006. The really amazing thing is I haven’t even started to prepare the 2013 return.
    <<Sarcasm off>>
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Client got a notice in mid December Desk audit. Answered the notice by the end of Decemeber. this week I Received in the mail a Notice of Deficiency. Called IRS and after 2 hrs on hold, spoke to agent. She said, sorry we are only up to November responses. ??????????????
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
      I am amazed at how efficient the IRS has become. I have a multi-year non-filer for whom I prepared 7 years of returns at once most with refunds, but a few with a balance due. I just got a notice that they had applied $3500 form his 2013 tax return to the balance due for 2006. The really amazing thing is I haven’t even started to prepare the 2013 return.
      <<Sarcasm off>>
      Ahah! I get it. If client hasn't filed, then SOMEbody has, ifyougetmydrift.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Good point, I forgot all about the soon to be ex-wife. Since he has just started sending me stuff she may have filed a fraudulent return.
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
        X