Reporting Annunity Distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting Annunity Distributions

I have three Fidelity Distributions Are they reported on Sch D or on line for annunities on 1040. Its too hazy. I should quit doing taxes.

Annunity distributions

What form are they reported on? 1099R OR 1099B?

Comment

well, annuities are reported on 1099r therefore they are reported on that pension, etc line of the 1040.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Most annuities are 1099R not a 1099B form - but then there are always surprises

Some 1099R forms are IRA line 15a and 15b, and some 1099R forms are pensions/annuities which are line 16a and 16B

Look to the 1099R form box 7 distribution code and whether or not the IRA/SEP/Simple box is checked.

Look to the form number on the Fidelity Stmt you have - if 1099B usually a Fidelity Statement of transactions - otherwise it will be a 1099R statement.

Sandy

Comment

annunities

My problem is I have no 1099's only statements. Will wait for a while. Thankis.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
            My problem is I have no 1099's only statements. Will wait for a while. Thankis.
            Then it's up to client to provide statements. Payors are supposed to mail them as usual, but some also have provision for going online to download them. You might need to help client out to do this.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
            X